England Hockey have organised Club Forums to discuss umpiring across the region. They would like to invite you to the final one in our region. The meeting will be a chance to network with other club colleagues and to share ideas / good practice. You will be joined on the evening by England Hockey Officiating Officer David Elworthy. David will also share with you some live examples of clubs developing their own umpires and other details of central support available for you and your umpiring team.
Please invite the person most involved in developing umpiring at your club.
The agenda for the meeting is as follows
· 7pm Welcome introductions (over tea, coffee & biscuits.)
· 7.20 EH focus on Club Umpiring
· 7.50. Developing and deploying club umpires / updated national guidance and good practice.
· 8.30 Open discussion.
· 9pm Depart
Venue and Date:-
Monday 30th January 2017 – Kettering Hockey Club, off Lake Avenue, Kettering.
Please RSVP to Melanie Hart firstname.lastname@example.org if you are attending.
Sport England and UK Sport Funding Sport England has announced significant investments into a number of sports as part of their new strategy for sport. As part of this investment, England Hockey has been awarded £9.03m for the four years from 2017-2021.
During the Christmas break the committee decided regrettably to pull Wellingborough 2nds out of the league. This decision wasn't taken lightly but the struggles Wellingborough had putting out a 2nd team was proving increasingly difficult & financially costly. However I would ask all fixture secretaries to liaise with Wellingborough in the hope that, without the constraint of league rules, the fixture could be played as a friendly.
Best wishes for the new year,
Sadly, I have had reports of unacceptable behaviour by some of our hirers:
- I would like to remind you and ask your supporters / spectators to respect that we are a strictly no smoking site. Anyone found smoking will result in their group being banned from hiring our facilities with immediate effect.
- Secondly, parking is to be kept to the car park. Under no circumstances, other than a medical emergency, may cars be driven alongside the astro pitches or parked on the grass. This is a safety issue and we cannot allow it.
- Finally, please respect our staff. It's not easy for them to constantly approach people and ask them to keep to the rules, particularly when they are alone and faced with a group of people. We will not accept any rudeness to our staff and will ask your group to find an alternative venue.
Thank you to those of you that this does not apply to, it is much appreciated.
All fees for affiliation to England Hockey to be paid by 30th November 2016. See link
Kettering Hockey Club are running a L1 Umpire Course on the 27th of November. If you are interested please sign up via the link provided. (The course is towards the bottom of the page) Find a Course - England Hockey Find a Course - England Hockey englandhockey.co.uk
Good luck to Division I teams that are due to start their first League games on Saturday 24th September. Hopefully Division II teams have some friendlies arranged and will be as keen to start their League games on 1st October. Enjoy your hockey folks. Please remember to check back in for up to date results on the Fixtures Live link
The England Hockey Code of Discipline has been amended with regard to the Red Card and Match day Misconduct Offence Regulations so that from the start of the 2016/17 season any player who receives a red card after committing a minor offence for a second time, having received a yellow card for the first offence, will no longer automatically receive a 16 day ban
Team GB Women's Hockey have made history by winning their first ever Gold medal at Rio 2016
Awards presented by President Sarah Blason at AGM held on 23rd May 2016